As of the last check in pre-market trading, XPeng Inc. (XPEV) shares were trading at $38.85, up 4.04%. XPEV closed the last session at $37.34, an increase of 7.61% or $2.64. On the day, XPEV stock traded between $35.95 and $38.34. XPEV stock traded for 19.81 million shares, which is higher than the company’s 50-day daily volume of 16.39 million and its year-to-date volume of 18.15 million.
In the last week, XPEV has declined -14.88%. This is a -12.82 percent loss so far this year. Over the last six months, XPEV stock has lost -25.26%, and over the last three months, the stock has gained 17.83%. The XPEV stock increased without any recent news, so there may be some reason to believe that recent developments will provide more information about the XPEV.
What has been happening at XPEV Stock recently?
XPeng is a leading electric vehicle manufacturer specializing in designing, engineering, manufacturing, and marketing smart electric vehicles to China’s growing middle-class of tech-savvy consumers. The mission of XPEV is to transform the Smart EV experience with technology and data and shape the future of mobility.
XPEV is constantly developing vehicle systems, including powertrain and electrification, electronic architecture and autonomous driving technology, to optimize its customers’ mobility experiences. With offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, and San Diego, XPEV is headquartered in Guangzhou, China.
According to the China New Car Assessment Program (C-NCAP) safety test results published this week, the XPeng P7 achieved a 5-star safety rating with a total score of 89.4% and the highest active safety rating of 98.51% among Chinese electric vehicles.
- China Automotive Technology Research Center, through C-NCAP, carries out tests for active safety systems, such as autonomous emergency braking (AEB) systems, tests for rear collisions between cars (AEB CCR), and tests for pedestrians (AEB VRU Ped).
- The high-performance systems of XPEV P7 excelled across all of these areas, helping it to achieve the 98.51% final aggregate score and demonstrating its dominant position in the market.
- XPEV P7 scores 92.61% in C-NCAP occupant protection test.
- On frontal 40% collisions, XPEV’s P7 received a 91.99% score, and on side impact tests, it received a 100% score.
- XPEV has achieved a high standard of mechanical engineering in its vehicles, to match the cutting-edge autonomic systems they use.
The P7 model of XPeng (XPEV) also became the first intelligent vehicle in China to receive a five-star rating at i-VISTA (Intelligent Vehicle Integrated Systems Test Area) testing platform earlier in July. With regards to smart driving, smart safety, smart interaction, and smart energy efficiency, XPEV’s P7 received four “Excellent” ratings from i-VISTA. In addition to the lane departure warning and lane change assist, XPEV received “Excellent” ratings for the smoothness and richness of the touchscreen and voice interaction as well.