AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc. (AMC) shares sank -5.59% to $37.15 in after-hours trading. The AMC stock price closed Tuesday’s session at $39.35, down -7.65%. AMC stock volume was 83.8 million shares, which was about half of the average daily volume of 192.16 million shares within the past 50 days.
Within the last 12 months, AMC shares have moved up by 823.71%, but over the past week they have moved down by -21.24%. The stock of AMC gained 345.14% over the past three months, while it lost 1688.64% over the past six months.
Furthermore, AMC has a current market capitalization of $20.49 billion and 520.79 million outstanding shares. AMC is gradually losing ground and has lost a significant amount of the gain realized in the past few months for being the meme stock.
With nearly 950 theatres and 10,000 screens worldwide, AMC is the largest movie exhibitor in the United States, in Europe, and for the worldwide market. By deploying its Signature power-recliner seats and enhancing its food and beverage offerings, AMC has led the way in innovation in the exhibition industry. In addition to offering large format experiences and TV programming, AMC has a loyalty program and subscription programs, as well as web and mobile apps.
This past weekend, AMC Theatres broke all of its previous post-reopening attendance records, announced the company in a press release.
- AMC experienced its busiest weekend in 16 months for the third time in three weekends, and for the second time since Memorial Day weekend.
- From Thursday, July 8 to Sunday, July 11, roughly 3.2 million people watched movies at AMC theatres in the United States and abroad.
- BLACK WIDOW topped the box office in the United States and Canada over the weekend, earning an estimated $80 million, breaking the record of F9 two weekends ago.
- In addition to BLACK WIDOW’s performance, the industry saw its first $100 million weekend since early 2020 when nine other top 10 films performed well.
- There are eight AMC theatres in the US ranked in the top ten busiest movie theatres across the entire industry.
- AMC Burbank 30, a cinema complex in Burbank, Calif., came in first.
Record number of guests at AMC:
AMC hosted 2.5 million guests from Thursday through Sunday, setting yet another record in the United States. AMC theatres in Europe and the Middle East welcomed more than 650,000 international guests in the post-reopening period which is an another record-breaking number. Including the U.S., AMC’s global attendance of approximately 3.2 million for this past weekend, Thursday to Sunday, at home and abroad, is encouraging.